When you find your perfect match, your adoption counselor will begin the adoption process which takes approximately 30 minutes to complete the paperwork. If you find yourself unsure whether to adopt or not, CHS staff encourages you to place a 24-hour hold on the pet. This will help you make an informed decision and also ensure that the pet you are interested in will be held for you until the end of the following business day. With your adoption you will receive:
- A new pet that has already been spayed/neutered and is up to date on age-appropriate vaccines. Your pet will have been heartworm tested (for dogs) and feline leukemia and FIV tested (for cats).
- A pet who has been de-wormed and treated for fleas and ticks.
- A free wellness check-up at participating veterinarians, to be used
within 10 business days of the adoption.
- One month of free pet insurance (if provided with a current email address)
- A free dog collar
- A free ID tag that will help reunite you with your new pet, if he ever becomes lost.
- The promise that if your adoption doesn’t work, you will return your pet back to CHS.
- All of CHS dogs are micro chipped. Cats are micro chipped if they
are spayed/neutered at our facility.
All animals at Cascades Humane Society are spayed/neutered, up-to-date on age appropriate vaccinations, dogs are heartworm tested and placed on heartworm preventative and the cats are FeLV and FIV tested, all dogs are micro chipped, and most of our cats are micro chipped. All of the animals are placed on flea preventative and treated for intestinal parasites.
Click here to fill out the online Adoption Application or you can simply download a pdf, fill it out, and return it to Cascades Humane Society. Be sure to provide vaccination records for the animals in your home. If you are a renter, please be sure to include a copy of your pet agreement from your landlord. Please Note: Incomplete applications may not be processed.
What Cascades Humane Society needs from you:
- Bring in your current pets’ vaccine records or your veterinarian’s phone number,
to verify your pets are up-to-date on vaccines.
- Bring in your signed pet agreement if you rent or your landlord’s phone number,
to verify that you can bring your new pet home.
A $25.00 deposit will hold an animal until 5:30 p.m. the next business day. If it is a Saturday, the hold will be until the following Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. When a deposit is used to hold an animal, the hold fee will be deducted from the adoption fee. The deposit is non-refundable nor is it transferable to other animals.
Prices (Dependent on Age and Breed)
Under 6 Months: $75
Over 6 Months: $50
Senior Pets: $35
Senior to Senior: $25
Coveted Breeds: Varies
Under 4 Months: $175 – $400
Over 4 Months: $175 – $400
Senior Pets: $110
Senior to Senior: $35
Coveted Breeds: Varies by breed