Congratulations! Are you ready to adopt your forever friend?
Click here to fill out the online Adoption Application or you can simply download a pdf, fill it out, and return it to Cascades Humane Society. Be sure to provide vaccination records for the animals in your home. If you are a renter, please be sure to include a copy of your pet agreement from your landlord. Please Note: Incomplete applications may not be processed.
The adoption process will take approximately 30 minutes. In addition to a new best friend, you will receive:
- A pet that has already been spayed/neutered and is up to date on age-appropriate vaccines Your pet will have been heartworm tested (for dogs) and feline leukemia and FIV tested (for cats)
- If you are adopting a dog, it will be micro chipped. Cats are micro chipped if they
are spayed/neutered at our facility.
- A pet who has been de-wormed and treated for fleas and ticks
- A free wellness check-up at participating veterinarians, to be used
within 10 business days of the adoption
- One month of free pet insurance
- A free dog collar
- A free ID tag that will help reunite you with your new pet, if it ever becomes lost
What Cascades Humane Society needs from you:
- Bring in your current pets’ vaccine records or your veterinarian’s phone number,
to verify your pets are up-to-date on vaccines.
- Bring in your signed pet agreement if you rent or your landlord’s phone number,
to verify that you can bring your new pet home.
Placing a Hold on an Animal
If you find yourself unsure whether to adopt or not, CHS staff encourages you to place a 24-hour hold on the pet. This will help you make an informed decision and also ensure that the pet you are interested in will be held for you until the end of the following business day.
A $25.00 deposit will hold an animal until 5:30 p.m. the next business day. If it is a Saturday, the hold will be until the following Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. When a deposit is used to hold an animal, the hold fee will be deducted from the adoption fee. The deposit is non-refundable nor is it transferable to other animals.
Prices (Dependent on Age and Breed)
Under 6 Months: $75
Over 6 Months: $50
Senior Pets: $35
Senior to Senior: $25
Coveted Breeds: Varies
Under 4 Months: $175 – $400
Over 4 Months: $175 – $400
Senior Pets: $110
Senior to Senior: $35
Coveted Breeds: Varies by breed