- All individuals wishing to volunteer in the building must fill out a volunteer application.
- All volunteer participants must read the volunteer handout, attend a Welcome Meeting, and sign the volunteer agreement and waiver of liability.
- Since your support as a volunteer is so extremely important, your decision to participate should be made with full knowledge of the commitment and responsibility it requires.
- All volunteers must attend an orientation.
Volunteering at CHS
- Please park in the public parking area closest to the pond.
- Please use the employee entrance leading to the back hallway.
- We recommend that you lock all valuables in your car.
- When you arrive, go directly to administration and pick up your volunteer name badge. We require that you wear your badge at all times during your volunteer duties.
- When you have completed your tasks for the day, please record the number of hours you volunteered and which department you worked in. Please leave your name badge in the basket.
- It is our desire to have open communication with you so that everyone is happy and enthusiastic about this program. Please share with me at any time the comments or suggestions you may have.
- The more we work with the animals and communicate with the adoption staff, the better the animals’ chance of being adopted.
- Report any injury to administration. An incident report will be filled out.
- Hazard Communication Training will be provided.
- CHS retains the right to perform a criminal background check on any volunteer.
- CHS uses hospital grade chemicals and we require our volunteers to wear long pants with and closed toe shoes.
Hours of Operation for Volunteers
Sunday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (closed to the public)
Monday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (closed to the public)
Tuesday – Saturday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm