Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Program
Cascades Humane Society offers low-cost spay and neuter surgeries to Jackson County residents. Done in-house by our own vet, Dr. Wendy Serino, the procedures are minimally invasive and your pet goes home the same day.
Effective July 1, 2015
- Cat Spay: $60
- Cat Neuter: $45
- Dog Neuter under 50 pounds: $75
- Dog Spay under 50 pounds: $90
- Dog Neuter between 50 and 100 pounds: $100
- Dog Spay between 50 and 100 pounds: $120
*Dogs over 100 pounds will be quoted by management
Scheduling your Appointment
- Visit Cascades Humane Society to fill out the SNAP Application, pay for the surgery and schedule your appointment.
- Please bring your driver’s license or state ID with you to verify that you are a Jackson County resident.
- The cost of the spay/neuter surgery depends on the gender of your pet and for dogs, the size of the dog.
- CHS requires that your pet have a rabies vaccine before the surgery. If your pet has had a rabies vaccine, bring the rabies certificate with you when you schedule the appointment. If your pet does not have a rabies vaccine, CHS can give your pet one during surgery for only $15.
- Pets must be at least 6 months old to have surgery.
- Once you schedule your appointment, you will receive an appointment card. The appointment card lists the date and time of the surgery, and some reminders for you.
- Please bring the appointment card along with your driver’s license or state ID to the vet’s office the day of the surgery.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please return the appointment card to CHS. If you cancel or reschedule within 24 hours of the surgery or later, there is an additional $10 rescheduling fee. There will be no refunds 30 days after the appointment. NOTE: If you are rescheduling your surgery, please do not bring your pets to CHS.
To learn why spaying/neutering is good for you, your pet and your community, click here.