Cascades Humane Society understands the financial difficulties that families may face and the cost cutting that needs to occur. Frequently, family pets are on that list. With a little assistance, a pet owner can often find a way to keep their pets in their home. CHS’s Pet Food Pantry program assists Jackson County residents who are having difficulty meeting the nutritional needs of their cat or dog due to a financial burden.
This program exists on donations from our generous community. The Pet Food Pantry program is intended to supplement your monthly supply of pet food, not be the sole source of food for pets. We want to be able to help as many pets and their families as possible.
- Monthly food pick up is on the 1st Saturday of every month from 12:00–2:00 pm.
- Applicants must provide proof of residency of Jackson County.
- Food for the program is donated to CHS from our community; therefore, we can not guarantee that food is always available or that you will have your choice of pet food brands.
Proper identification will be required each time food is picked up.
To be eligible for the Pet Food Pantry program, you must qualify as low income, be a current participant in a state/federal assistance program, or experiencing financial hardship due to the current economic situation.
To establish your financial need, you will need to show a WIC card, Bridge card, SSD card, Medicaid card, or other qualifying document.
- Only one application per household is issued. Maximum of 2 dogs and 2 cats per household.
- You will need to provide written documentation from a veterinarian that your pets have been spayed or neutered. Once you provide proof of spay/neuter you are eligible to receive supplemental pet food once every 30 days, for 6 months. After 6 months your eligibility will be reviewed. You cannot add any animals during this period.
If you are a participant in this program you will not be able to adopt from CHS for a period of six months after discontinuing the use of the Pet Food Pantry program.
- Participation in the program may be revoked at the discretion of CHS.
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT BRING YOUR PETS TO CHS. THIS PROGRAM DOES NOT FEED STRAY ANIMALS OR FERAL CATS.
To apply, download the application, fill it out and bring it in to CHS.
CHS receives food donations from Pet Supplies Plus, Target, Wal*mart and the general public. CHS accepts donations of any brand of dry and wet pet food and cat litter, in its original packaging.